Thursday 25 November 2010

preliminary video



I created a preliminary video in order to give me practice in editing and filming. I created a short extract which could be used in a film. Before filming i completed a storyboard to give me a guideline of the contents of my film, its ordering and what camera shots would be used. This exercise will help me while creating my thriller as it gives me practice in filming and editing footage. My video should involve different camera shots to give different effects. My group included Tyra, Sid and Harley and we decided to create a story of a girl that was pregnant and fainted, we set this in the toilet of a school.
The extract was about a girl (Harley) who found out she was pregnant and was extremely upset. She runs into the toilet to be alone and finds her friend (Tyra). Harley faints and Tyra runs to find help, she runs into Sid in the hall and he comes to help, it turns out Sid is the father. In our short film there are many different types of camera shots; long shot, close up ,POV shot, over the shoulder shot and pan.
In the video there are many things that are wrong but this will help us in the future when creating out thriller. At the beginning of the video there is a short sound clip that shouldn't be there. The acting is also poor but that does not matter as this is a preliminary video and will be of a better quality in our thriller. The sound is also quite bad because we did not use a microphone. Also some of the shots should last longer to create the aspect of suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment